Friday, October 24, 2008

Spainless

Disclaimer: Amanda chided me for not posting. I told her I'm not doing anything interesting. She told me to make something up. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so while you can partially blame Amanda for this post, you can't blame her for its content, which, if she had her way, would be more interesting.

I am writing a paper about Seamus Heaney. He is a contemporary Irish Poet and very political. My teacher sees gender issues and sexual symbolism in everything he writes. As I have throughout my education, I won't disagree with an instructor's core beliefs about literature while writing a paper s/he will grade.

I watched a movie called P.S. I Love You, a romantic comedy set partially in Ireland. Great times!

I made spicy vegetarian stir fry and ate it over quinoa.

I bid farewell to my roommate, who's going to Paris for the weekend, and slept on the couch. Because I can do that when I have the apartment to myself.

So, in effect: read a Heaney poem, search for questionable phrasing that vaguely reminds you of a woman (even if the poem is about a potato patch), watch P.S. I Love You, sprinkle some cayenne pepper on your dinner and take a nap on the couch, and it'll be like you're right here with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You see mundane; we see energy and curiosity and discovery. Good job, Amanda. Thanks for listening to your sister, Rachel.
:)